northern lights

northern lights
image

Thursday 24 July 2014

Success of physiotherapy Day 24.

Every one has heard  the saying 'in a healthy body, lies a healthy mind.'. To keep the body healthy and pliable, it is essential to exercise  every day.  There are many people who are not mobile, keep sitting on a chair all day and develop stiffness of the body.  Since there is no movement, the muscles  become weak and sometimes stop functioning. I was one such person.  Exercise is important to improve strength, range of motion, endurance and  joint mobility. I am also suffering from stiffness of the joints and immobility.After surgery for cancer, slowly my bones became weak and I had to take recourse to wheel chair.  I took the help of physiotherapy, but  did not pursue it seriously.One fine day, Dr. Samresh Mohan, my orthopaedic surgeon, visited  us and introduced Dr. Kirti Dwivedi, a practising physiotherapist, to improve my general  condition. Dr. Kirti is a post graduate (M.P.T.) from Dehra Dun.
.She is a small time town girl  from Kanpur. She is  married to Sh. Pradeep and is blessed with a cute little son, Aadi, who is  two years old. I am presenting here a photograph of the happy family.
                       
The happy family
                      She is bubbly by nature and brings smiles to our home on each visit .Her tag line 'use it or lose it' motivated me to push myself beyond my limit to make myself more flexible.. She started with very simple  exercises and gradually increased  the difficulty level. With her perseverance, she has helped me to manage daily chores effectively. She has this great quality. She starts with mild exercises and gradually increases them according to the progress made by the patient. I have seen some physios, who straight away begin  with tough ones.Here  is Kirti at work in my room.

Kirti on the job
 Along with physiotherapy, we discuss every thing under the sun. Be it cooking, politics, TV soaps, on line shopping, cell phones, movies and number of other issues. She is now a family member and I wait for her arrival every evening.
                               Today is Kirti's birthday. My 24th  Ultimate Blog Challenge is dedicated to her with best wishes and blessings that she may achieve greater heights in her profession and personal life.




Written in response to Write Tribe Ultimate Blog Challenge Day 24.






9 comments:

  1. Happy that you found such a nice and efficient physiotherapist, Ma'm :) Proud of you, for being so positive and infecting us with your positivism through your posts :) Best wishes to Kirti on her Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sreeja. She is really a very sweet girl.

      Delete
  2. In any treatment, it is important for the patient to trust the doctor for the medicines to work their magic, glad you found a capable physiotherapist Ushaji :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reshma. It is important that the Doctor must gain the confidence of the patient.

      Delete
  3. Very happy to see such nice things, it is very close to Heart, we like much and love more Aunty..I hope will continue to writing to improve my things better...so many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pradeep for finding time from your busy schedule to read the post. Thanks for the inspiring comments.

      Delete
  4. Treatment is successful when the patient is patient enough to wait for the result.Useful post,Ushaji.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarala for the encouraging comments.

      Delete
  5. Like you say, there are some doctors who do a good job with their work physically and also heal us holistically. May therr tribe increase and hope you get the desired results ma'am. best wishes.

    ReplyDelete