northern lights

northern lights
image

Sunday 4 May 2014

Liebster Award

                                             
I have been nominated by Swathi Shenoy for the Liebster Award. I am thankful to her for considering   me capable for the award. I thankfully accept the award from Swathi.


Here are the rules:

1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.

2. List 11 facts about yourself.

3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.

4. Pick 5 - 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate.

5. Ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.

6. Go to each blogger's site and inform them of their nomination.


)Eleven facts about myself( I am going to be 79  in October}

1.I am  reserved by nature. It takes time to open up.

2. I am very religious. 

3. I was born with 'a silver spoon in my mouth'.My parents were very well off and very liberal.

4. I had very good school and college education. Those days very few girls were sent to co-ed institutions. I studied in co-ed colleges and did M.A. B.ED.

5. I joined the Education Dept.  as a post graduate  teacher and and retired as Addl. Director of Education.


6. I  am happily married.  My husband is a Keralite and I am a Punjabi.

7. I have two children, well settled

 8. I have four grand children, all adults and very brilliant. All of them are deeply attached to me. 

9. I write blogs for the love of writing.


10. God has given me every thing except good health.I have undergone 5 surgeries including cancer. For the last five years I am on Wheel chair. 

11. In spite of health problems, I take life in its stride. I am contented and thank god for his mercies.

My questions for my nominees:

1. What is your favorite pastime, apart from reading novels?

 I  love to cook. I am make varieties of cakes and chocolates, which are relished by my family.

2. If given a chance to go back and change one thing from your past, what it would be?

 Nothing. I have a led a peaceful life. I will not like to change anything  from my past.

3.Which is the first word that comes to your mind when asked to describe yourself?

   Love for my husband.

4 What got you into blogging?

     My love for writing.

5.. Which is that one thing that can change your foul mood and make you smile within an instant?

      When I became a mother.

6.. Which in the memory/incident that you treasure the most?
   The day  my book was released three years ago
.
7.Ten years later from nay, what will you do?

I will only lurk  around my house.

8.Where do you see yourself  after 10 years?

  I have no reply. It is obvious .

9.Was there any major turning point in your life that made you who you are today? If so, then what is it?

The entry of my daughter-in-law. She is a gem  She is a principal of a reputed school, but finds time to look after me and my husband in our old age like a daughter.

10.What do you think is the key to any successful relationship?

      In any relationship, if it has to succeed, give and take  matters the most. It has to be a two way traffic.

11.According to you, what is the definition of a good novel?

  It is a matter of choice. I like soft romance, family relations. Its a big no no to war, scientific situations .

I nominate  the following bloggers for the Liebster Award

1. Nabanita 

2. Kathy Combs.

3.Rajlakshmi H. Boruah

4. Jyotsna Bhatia


5.Arpita Mudit''


6 Jayanta Tewari


7 Carol Graham


8. Ananya Kiran


9. The Little Princess (Titli)


10 Sreeja Pravin


11.Beloo Mehra.


12. Doc.Sushree Dash

The questions for the nominees

1. What is your favourite pass time?


2. How did you  start blogging?


3. Which is your favourite TV show?


4.What is your opinion about working  ladies?


5.Are you a party person?


6. Who is your favourite film star and why?


7. If you get power for a day, what change will you like to bring in the country?


8. A boy or a girl-----whom do you prefer?


9.What are your views about Indian media?


10. Which book did you read  recently/


11. What do prefer  love marriage or arranged marriage?


I hope you will accept the award. Wish you all the best. Keep smiling,
regards
Usha Menon.
















19 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, Usha ji, once again for considering me for this award. I appreciate this very much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for accepting the award from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for accepting the award ma'am and congratulations :) It was nice to know a little more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really nice knowing a little more about you. Congratulations, ma'am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the appreciation Usha aunty. It's an honor to accept the award from you :) Lots of regards to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations ! You truly deserve the Award.

      Delete
  6. Got to know more about you Ma'am. Your zest for life is inspiring.Congratulations on the award and to all the nominees:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank u mam..... i am delighted you thought of me while nominating!! what could be more special? really honoured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Titli you really deserve many more accolades. Congratulations.

      Delete
  8. THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! I feel honored to receive an blog nomination from you. Pls forgive for the delay, but will write the post for this award next week. Thank you !
    http://www.ananyatales.com/2014/05/mrs-india-washington.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananya for accepting the award from me. Congratulations.

      Delete
  9. First of all, Congratulations for the well-deserved award! It is good to know some more about you - I am touched by what you say about your daughter-in-law. And your positive spirit and attitude toward life is commendable. Wonderful indeed! Thank you Usha ji for nominating me. I have just today written something about it on my blog, hope you will read it and understand my point of view. Thanks again for the honour. I mean it sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beloo. Thank you for your appreciative comments.
      I read your views on awards in your post. I want to add one point. I have come across a few bloggers who do not accept awards from colleagues but apply for recognition to Blog adda and Indi blogger for awards/prizes/ ratings.

      Delete
  10. Wow firstly congratulations at having won so many blogger awards. Respect your age and your zeal to write. the story you wrote about Sati was very touching. I have not seen the movie myself but i am sure my parents have

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Nima for such sweet comments. You can see the movie on You Tube.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so so much Usha Ma'am for the award. I am honoured to have it from you. Sorry for the delay in replying. Loved knowing you a bit more. Ma'am I am always amazed at your spirit and the things you mentioned about yourself just reflect that. I hope and I pray that you have good health always :)

    ReplyDelete